September 30, 2011

There is hope...

There are times in our lives that events happen and no matter how much time passes, you remember every feeling and detail about that event just like it happened yesterday.  One of those moments for me happened about 17 years ago.  It was the day my Mom came to visit me after work and told me she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  As I sat there in my living room listening to her so intently, it all seemed so unrealistic and at the age of 42 she was too young to have breast cancer.  Another one of those moments happened just 2 years later.  I was teaching kindergarten and was called to the office for a phone call.  I knew immediately that something was wrong when my husband was on the other end of the line.  As I listened to him tell me that his Mom had just called to tell him that she had just been diagnosed with breast cancer, I could hear the same fear in his voice that I had felt just 2 years prior.   So many things have changed in the past 17 years with this disease.   I have HOPE that a cure will be found and I am doing what I can to help with that cause. I am so proud of my Mother and Mother-in-Law both are strong and courageous women who are SURVIVIORS of breast cancer. This kit is dedicated to them and all the other mothers, grandmothers, sisters, daughters, and friends who are survivors or are currently fighting this disease.  There is HOPE



Some of you may ask why did we call them Oobies?  Well, that is for my six year old daughter, Gracen.  From the time she could talk, she has and probably always will call them oobies.  If you are friends with our family you probably at times call them oobies, too!  So girls, get those mammograms and SAVE Those Oobies!

I am pleased to present our Save the Oobies kit.  It is an enormous kit with endless possibilities and the most important part is that 100% of the proceeds for this kit will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  Please take the time to look through the kit and purchase it!  It is for the best cause I know.  We girls have to stick together.
Ta Ta for now, 
Wendy


 


 Save the Oobies kit-$5.95

This kit includes a 8 alphas, 53 papers, 96 elements and it is the perfect kit for anything PINK! 

So today THINK PINK, get the kit, and donate to a great cause.

And a few "Pea" pages to show the versatility of this kit!






Wyld Peas Designs